Everyone who wants to experience sexual pleasure, so long as they’re doing it in a consensual and safe way, ought to experience it. A good way to get that is through sex toys, which come in a variety of types and prices. Unfortunately, a lot of sex toys can be unsafe, expensive, or just uncomfortable for the body, so it can be hard to make a purchase. So I’ve put together a quick n’ dirty list to help out beginners who want to make their first couple of purchase. For this list, I’ve decided to give myself a limit of $40 maximum for any one item, and I’ve organized my picks in ascending order, with the most affordable options for each listed first. I’ve also organized it into three categories: Dildos, Vibes, and Butt Plugs. I’ve also put in a Bonus Category at the end, so stay tuned!
- The NoFrillDo Series of Dildos: These are cheap, made of silicone and actually fairly pleasurable! The designs are non-representative, which is great for people who don’t necessarily want a dick shaped dildo. I’ve tried two of the shapes, the B and the G and I love em! Full marks here. Priced at $24 a pop, they definitely deserve to be on the list.
- The Neo Elite Dual Density 5 inch Dildo: This one comes in Neon Blue AND Hot Pink. It’s also a bit more cock shaped, but that’s no knock against. The real draw here though is the fact it’s dual density, making it nice n’ soft. Being able to experience dual density for $24? Absolutely hell yeah.
- The Fifty Shades of Grey Drive Me Crazy Dildo: I knew I wanted to add material variety here, and I know that this design feels fucking great according to other sex toy reviewers. Glass will be a lot firmer than anything else I’ve suggested here, but that’s where your mileage may vary. At $28, I’d say it’s definitely worth trying out and seeing if it works for you!
- The Ruse Jammy: For people who are a part of size royalty, there are options for you! Blush makes the Jammy, an 8 inch long and 2 inch thick dildo that’s made of silicone and actually has a pretty damn good suction cup! I can personally attest, this is a damned good toy! Priced at $35, it’s definitely worth it if you’re looking to get in a good stretch.
- The Temptasia Dildo Set: Not sure what size you need but not really willing to shell out mad cash to find out? This set comes with three dildos, graduating in size from small to large. To my mind, this would be great for people not sure where their comfort lies and want to experiment. At $39, it falls at the very highest end of my budget list, but for three silicone dildos, that ain’t so bad!
- The TurboGlider: Oh this toy makes me feel nostalgic. I love it to pieces, though I haven’t used it in a while. It has truly excellent vibration strength, is water proof, has a cool shape and guess what? It’s only $14. Please, get it. I need you to get it. It runs on batteries which is maybe the only thing I could hold against it.
- The Vooom Rechargeable Bullet Vibrator: It’s teeny, unobtrusive and actually really strong and rumbly! Reviewers have compared it to the WeVibe Tango, a much lauded toy. While I wouldn’t go that far, it’s definitely pretty damn good. The hard plastic is easy to clean and it’s also rechargeable! Priced at $26, I think that makes for a good deal.
- The Noje Clit Vibrator: Okay, so this toy is VERY STRONG. It is not for the faint of clit among you. If you need power to get you off, but want it to come in a little rechargeable package, I cannot recommend any better than this. It’s priced at $35, so a little high for the budget limit, but it is worth it.
- The Pillow Talk Racy: The younger sibling of the Pillow Talk Sassy, this toy is rumbly as all get the fuck out. It also has the potential to vibe internally, so I think this is definitely worth it. It’s also priced at $36, which is pretty reasonable for a rechargeable insertable!
- The Yummy Sunshine Vibrator: This toy is intended to be a vibrator you use more internally, which gives it some extra uses. It’s definitely body safe and looks promising, and rechargeable and insertable vibes are rarely so cheap! Priced at $40, it’s at the top of the budget, but it’s something I think would fit nicely in a budget kit. Also, rated to have really high power!
- Fuze Pleasure Plug 2: I can be swayed by color okay? This is such a gorgeous deep blue that I so rarely see in the sex toy world. But I also think it’s earned it’s place on this list because of that smart base and that price tag. $20 for a gorgeous piece of blue silicone? I mean…yes?
- Glas Beaded Glass Butt Plug: Again, adding a little material variety! This glass toy has a T shaped base and fun bloops, which is awesome. I gotta admit, I’m also a big fan of the price, which is $24. NOICE.
- The Tru Taper Butt Plug: One of the smartest uses of dual density I’ve seen in a long time! I can’t believe there aren’t more squishy butt plugs out there. But at least there’s this one and it’s pretty dang cheap too! It clocks in at $27 and comes in other shapes too. Definite buy.
- The Tantus Neo and Ryder: I’m grouping these two together since they’re fairly similar. I own both of these plugs and just recently reviewed the Neo, and have plans to review the Ryder! I can say that these plugs should be considered bedroom essentials for those looking to get into anal. Smartly designed, wallet friendly at $32 and $37 respectively and it also comes in black. Hell yeah!
For this section, I wanted to give myself room to recommend things like kink implements, lube, and other miscellaneous sex/vag stuff that’s important. So I’ll be picking out five bonus products that fit within the purview of the budget!
- The Thwack: A really good paddle! It’s a sexy matte black silicone with real bruising potential and it’s only $35. I’ve had it and The Pelt for a while (I plan on reviewing them!) and I highly recommend it if fancier wood paddles are out of your budget.
- Good Clean Love Lube: Hands down, this is my most purchased lube, priced at a wonderful $13. It’s pthalate free, water based, glycerin free and tastes ever so slightly of vanilla. It’s also available in most grocery stores! Oh, and I love the BioNude version as well!
- The Diva Cup: It’s a silicone menstrual cup that I use whenever I’m on my bleed. It was one of the first things I ever reviewed and now I own two, just in case! It’s priced at $32 at Walgreens, which is kinda awsome.
- The Twisted Monk Curiousity Kit in Cotton: The first rope I ever owned. Twisted Monk is fabulous and they are HIGHLY recommended here on this website. This is priced at $37, which is great considering what all you’re getting.
- Latexion Latex Collar: God I love this as an intro to latex AND bondage. It’s sexy, it’s cheap, and I want you to have it. Please, at $15, it is worth taking a look at!
I put together this list to serve as a list and jumping off point for people looking to buy toys for the first time, or for those who just need reminding that cheaper options exist. I didn’t put every toy I could here, but a decent-ish sample size that hopefully meet a variety of tastes. There’s no reason to hold on to unsafe toys when beautiful options like the above and more exist! Now go play safely y’all!